Kalleh Nissar

Kalleh Nissar

 

The Kalleh Nisar graveyard, situated in the Ilam district, was first excavated in 1967/68 (3rd expedition). During the autumn of 1968, Pr. Louis Vanden Berghe returned to the site for more extensive excavations (4th expedition). Individual and collective tombs, constructed throughout the third millennium, were found in four areas of the site. The corridor-shaped tombs of Area C, up to 13m in length, were designed as collective tombs and were used by several generations. Some were still re-used in the second millennium. The burial goods include plain and painted pottery, metal weapons and utensils, seals and jewellery. Apart from the tombs, the were also remains of two buildings, one of which is of Chalcolithic date.

 

 

Title:

Kalleh-Nissar (Sub-fonds)

Dates of creation of material:

1967 - 1968

ID:

MRAH-ARCH-LVDB-KN

Creator:

Luristan excavation team (Dir. L. Vanden Berghe)

Extent:

2 boxes, 1 negative box

Languages:

Dutch, French

Contents:

The collection is mostly comprised of field notes, object records, plans, object and pottery drawings, photographic documents

Storage place:

Royal Museum for Art and History, Brussels

Access restrictions:

For research purpose only

Use restrictions:

Copyright restrictions may apply

Source of acquisition:

 

Archivist's note:

Sub-fonds, series and file level descriptions created by V. Van der Stede (May 2014)

Photo Gallery

Copyright © 2014 Royal Museums of Art and History - 10 Parc du Cinquantenaire - 1000 Brussels

Comments and informations: coordination@bareo.be